This Level Four Certificate is an advanced Horse Care course for the more ambitious student. You will learn about topics such as the Systems of the Horse, Ailments and Illnesses, The Structure of the Mouth and Ageing, and remedial shoeing.The course is very similar to the BHS Horse Owners’ Level Four Certificate that have now been phased out. It is completed by home study without the need to travel anywhere. You can work at your own pace and around your other commitments. Assessments are also completed at home and then sent in for marking. You will benefit from full tutor support throughout the course and will not be charged any extra for the marking of your assessments. Once you have completed the course successfully you will be awarded with an Equine Distance Learning Horse Care & Management Level Four Certificate.
This level is very similar to the old BHS Horse Owners Certificate Level 4 and includes the following modules: The Main Systems of the Horse, Common Ailments and Illnesses, Grasses, Grassland Management and Haymaking, Nutrition, The Structure of the Mouth, Remedial Shoes, Sick Nursing, Saddlery and Stable Vices.
- EDL Certification
- 3 Learning Packs with extensive course material.
- 2 Written Assesments.
- 1 final exam lasting 1hr and 30 minutes, to be completed online.
- 30 recommended study hours
- Flexible payment options
- No entry requirements.
- Bespoke course material written by industry experts
- Unlimited tutorial support
- Opportunity to liaise with other students for support
- FREE career advice
Who is this course for?
This course will suit anyone who is looking to learn more about the care and management of horses. The recommended minimum age is 12 years. Here are examples of the type of people who typically study for this course:
- Horse lovers who are out of practise and want to refresh their knowledge
- Children who are being home schooled
- Retired people who would enjoy studying and learning more about horses
- Horse Owners
- Potential Horse owners
- Parents of ‘horse loving’ children
- Students thinking of beginning a career in horses. Those who want to progress to the BHS Stage exams.
- Students who ride on a weekend and would like to know about the care of horses as well as riding.