This course is the first in our new series of Horse Care and Management Certificates. This professionally produced course is aimed at people who are looking to learn the basics that everyone interested in horses needs to know! It will suit horse riders, prospective horse owners or sharers, people wishing to update their knowledge and home educated children with a passion for horses.The course is very similar to the BHS Horse Owners’ Level One Certificate that have now been phased out. It is completed by home study without the need to travel anywhere. You can work at your own pace and around your other commitments. Assessments are also completed at home and then sent in for marking. You will benefit from full tutor support throughout the course and will not be charged any extra for the marking of your assessments. Once you have completed the course successfully you will be awarded with an Equine Distance Learning Horse Care & Management Level One Certificate.
- You do not require your own horse to study this course. nor do you need to be a member of the BHS.
- Minimum age of 12 years (can be studied from 10 with parental support.)
- A love of horses and a desire to learn more about them.
Level One includes the following modules
Horse Identification, Stable Management, Saddlery, Grooming, The Foot and Shoeing, Horse Health, Feeding and Watering, Purchasing a Horse, and Preparation for a Ride.
- 3 Learning Packs containing 15 learning activities and two assessments
- One online test at the end of the course
- 30 recommended study hours
- Flexible payment options
- Bespoke course material written by industry experts
- Unlimited tutorial support
- Assessment marking and certification
- Opportunity to liaise with other students for support
- FREE career advice on completion of the course