The BHS Level One Essential Horse Knowledge Certificate is for anyone who wants to learn more about the care and management of horses. This new BHS certificate also offers progression onto the BHS Stage 1 Horse Knowledge and Care Certificate.We are excited to be one of the first online providers to offer this course to you! The Entry Level has hadexcellent feedback so far and we are confident that this course will do the same.
This level includes the following modules: Health and Safety, Horse Identification, Signs of Good and Ill Health, Routine Health Care, Equine Behaviour, Feeding and Watering, Grassland Management, Riding on the Road, Buying a Horse, and Accident Reporting.
- BHS Qualification
- 3 Learning Packs with extensive course material.
- Study workbook that you complete as you work through the pack.
- 1 final exam lasting 1hr and 15 minutes, to be adjudicated with a local BHS registered instructor
- 30 recommended study hours
- Flexible payment options
- No entry requirements. Children can enrol.
Bespoke course material written by industry experts Unlimited tutorial support
- Opportunity to liaise with other students for support
- FREE career advice
Who is this course for?
This course will suit anyone who is looking to learn more about the care and management of horses. The recommended minimum age is 12 years. Here are examples of the type of people who typically study for this course:
- Horse lovers who are out of practise and want to refresh their knowledge
- Children who are being home schooled
- Retired people who would enjoy studying and learning more about horses
- Horse Owners
- Potential Horse owners
- Parents of ‘horse loving’ children
- Students thinking of beginning a career in horses. Those who want to progress to the BHS Stage One exam.
- Students who ride on a weekend and would like to know about the care of horses as well as riding.
This is the second level of the new Essential Horse Knowledge Certificates. By completing the Entry Level and Level One courses you will then be exempt from the theory unit of the BHS Stage 1 Horse Knowledge and Care, which is the first in the professional series of BHS exams.