The first in the BHS Essential Horse Knowledge Certificate series, this is the perfect course for anyone who wants to learn more about the correct care of horses.
This level includes the following modules:
Health and Safety, Horse Behaviour, The Stable Environment, Types of Bedding, Grazing, Grooming, Care of the foot, Saddlery, Horse Identification, Information on where to go for Professional Advice.
- BHS Qualification
- 3 Learning Packs with a workbook to complete as you work through the course.
- 1 final exam lasting 45 minutes, to be adjudicated with a local BHS registered instructor
- 30 recommended study hours
- Flexible payment options
- No entry requirements. Children can enrol.
- Bespoke course material written by industry experts
- Unlimited tutorial support
- Opportunity to liaise with other students for support
- FREE career advice
Who is this course for?
This course will suit anyone who is looking to learn more about the care and management of horses. The recommended minimum age is 12 years. Here are examples of the type of people who typically study for this course:
- Children who are being home schooled
- Retired people who would enjoy studying and learning more about horses
- Horse Owners
- Potential Horse owners
- Parents of ‘horse loving’ children
- Students thinking of beginning a career in horses
- Students who ride on a weekend and would like to know about the care of horses as well as riding.
This is the first level of the new Essential Horse Knowledge Certificates. After completion of the entry level, you can progress to the Level 1. With these two levels completed you are exempt from the theory unit of the BHS Stage 1 Horse Knowledge and Care, which is the first in the professional series of BHS exams.